08 June 2009

Cashing In Your (Soap) Chips

What to do with those little pieces of soap when you've used up almost the whole bar? Most people just toss 'em. Me? I'm too cheap frugal for that. No, sir. Not me.

What do I do? Simple. After I had collected a small pile, I just ambled on down to my favorite cheap-o bargain store and bought a cheap inexpensive pair of nylons. I cut the foot off of one side -- putting the rest of the thing in storage -- and put all the chips inside and tied the end off. When I get another chip of soap, I simply until my little bag, slip the chip inside, and re-tie it.

And the neat thing is, you can use it until it wears out -- trust me, we're talking years here -- and then use the part you put in storage. I keep mine on a soap holder on the bathroom sink. And if it gets big enough -- which does happen! -- I can use it in the shower.

And I go on living in the lap of poverty.


No comments: