Unlike most people, I take my little cloth shopping bag (courtesy of Habitat For Humanity) when I go shopping. On rare occasions, though, I might hit a store on the spur of the moment and must perforce accept their stupid little plastic bag which takes approximately 3.41 eons to biodegrade. On other occasions, I get something like meat which might leak, and then it actually makes sense to put that into a plastic bag before putting it in my cloth bag.
Now the question is: what to do with that immortal plastic bag? Again, unlike most people, I use them as liners for my three little trashcans (one in the bedroom, one in the 00, and one next to my desk). Storage, however, becomes problematic. For most people. Not for me.
If I have several bags, I put one inside another one, put those two inside a third one, put those three inside a fourth, and so on ad infinitum. When I need a fresh bag, I don't have to try to untangle one from a clump of them inside one bag, all I do is take the outermost one and the rest are left nested together like the layers of an onion.
(Sometimes, it takes years to get all the way down to that innermost one. Sometimes, I start a whole new "onion", just so I can use up the old one.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment